Membership is a way to express appreciation for what Shambhala provides and helps make it available to others. If you value the community and are inspired by Shambhala vision, please consider becoming a member of Montréal Shambhala.
Although membership is not required to participate in most of what the centre has to offer, without our community’s financial and volunteer support we would not be able to present the rich, diverse programs, practice sessions and events that we do. It is because of our members that the profound tradition of meditation is able to survive and flourish. Membership contributions are the backbone of Shambhala Centre.
There are many reasons to become a member:
- Support and be supported by a community of people committed to integrating contemplative practice into their daily lives.
- Automatic membership in Shambhala’s worldwide network and access to member resources.
- The opportunity to work with a meditation instructor.
- Membership allows you to apply for advanced programs and teacher training programs once the prerequisite programs have been completed.
- You receive a membership pin!
Becoming a member is a profound way to engage in the creation of enlightened society through meditation practice, volunteer service and financial contributions.
For more information, contact Carol Harwood.